Thursday, April 27, 2006

Reptile is green… with envy

Well some gratitude. I cheekily suggest an award show for reps (see blog here) and sure enough the good folk at the Ad Club go ahead and bring my dream to reality. But do I even get an honourable mention? Nope. Today, at the very well attended Magazines Day held at the Four Seasons, Deanna Oliphant was awarded Reptile of the Year. And when she comes up to accept this great award, she is speechless. Her exact words - "I don't know what to say". Totally unprepared as if this was unimaginable despite the fact that she was one of five nominees and had a large audience of prospective employers and media planners hanging on to every word. What kind of rep has nothing to say? Obviously a popular one. Maybe I'll try that next time. Just call them up and say hi. Just hi. Maybe hi, it's Reptile. Then let them do all the talking. Let them go on long enough and maybe an insertion order will spit out. And then I can get rich. And popular. And be the 2007 Reptile of the Year.

More about Magazines Day in my next blog.

P.S. Lots of kisses. No bowing. Aren't you listening people?! See here if you have no idea what I'm referring to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home