Friday, January 20, 2006

Meowww

"Catty and insightful". Ooh, I like that. Yes Masthead stumbled into my blog and that's how Bill Shields referred to my observations. But Masthead did not do much for my hits which dropped 2% in the week after the article. Surely ad reps can read. And even if they can't, surely they would read a column by Editor Shields prominently positioned below the TOC (page 3) with the graphic head "Who'll swallow BIG?" Subtle Bill. Very subtle.

In fairness, Masthead does have more fun stuff to read nowadays thanks to the new underpaid, over-exposed consultant columnists: D.B. Scott, Scott Bullock and Paul Jones. The highlights for me were:

1. The perfect response by Kenneth Whyte to the lame article by Don Obe (see my blog where I supported Whyte's approach by clicking here). I'd work for this guy anytime, damn I still enjoy the National Post.

2. Scott Bullock with another sweet rant. Bullock writes very well for a self-proclaimed circ-geek but why is he so angry? Will he still be angry when the conservatives sweep to power? I guess he can still be pissed off at "controlled circulation". But then, isn't "Control" good and "Kaos" evil (Maxwell Smart, rest in peace).

3. Paul Jones's hilarious slice-and-dice of Esteem magazine. You gotta read every word and applaud Mr. Jones who can say it like it is without fear of impunity (unlike your very own Reptile).

Finally, Shields asks that I call. Sorry Billy-boy, no can do. But if you have a question, click where it says comment and send me an email. I might even publish it and respond.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reptile,

Glad you think the writing is good, for a circ geek that is. But angry? The idea was to be funny, sarcastic.

Scott

12:25 PM  
Blogger D. B. Scott said...

And who you callin' over-exposed?

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home