Thursday, June 01, 2006

Dear reader:

I've been blogging for six months now. Yes, the entries have been coming less frequently and I'm sure I lost most of the small following created after that plug by Bill "Knievel" Shields over at Masthead (are you nuts Bill - motorcycle racing!). Still, I'll probably keep at it because it's more fun to be a writer than a reptile and fun is at a premium in this mad world.

Frankly it's a bit lonely being an anonymous blogger and I could really use a pat on the back or a kick in the head or something resembling feedback. We reps feed off of feedback. How do those writers do it? Toiling away for a buck-a-word and the faint hope of a National Magazine Award. How do they know if anybody read their piece or what they thought of it. That must kill them. At least we make sales and get commissions - that's feedback.

So since you are still there, it would be great if you would take a moment and pat me on the back or kick me in the head by sending along a comment. It's easy. All you have to do is click below where it says "0 comments" or maybe "1 comment" or if this works really well "21,234 comments", and then type in a few words (let me know if you don't want your message published) and the word verification and click publish. You can call me a fool, an illiterate, a nasty bitch or a witty observer of this tiny corner of the world we inhabit. Just so long as you call me.

Your friend and mine,

Reptile

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm reading! I'm reading! Keep the posts coming...

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Persevere, dear Reptile. I like you so much, you've been added to my bookmarks.

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you don't mind an editor lurking....

3:39 PM  
Blogger Reptile said...

Lurk away! Some of my best friends are editors.

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've bookmarked you, too, and check often but your output is, well, pretty slim. You'd think you were the president of a publishing company or something.

Suggestion: more, more, more!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Reptile said...

True, I don't post often enough but we reptiles must focus on selling ads not some vanity publishing project. Besides, if we could actually write, we probably would have chosen a less lucrative career.

Might I suggest that, rather than checking out the site often, you subcribe to my feed (and others you follow). You can start with bloglines.com. It's free. My feed is at http://feeds.feedburner.com/RepLife. Or, if you have a supported feed reader, click on the orange XML button on my blog and take it from there. If I figured it out, so can you!

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buck a word? Where do I apply? In the trade mag trenches (where I am) you're lucky to get 50, maybe 65 cents.

Keep plugging though! It's a good blog, even if it doesn't pay a damn.

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm reading and so are my colleagues. There has been much speculation as to your identity. Why not start a reptile guessing game?

9:42 AM  
Blogger Reptile said...

Nice idea - and what should we offer for a prize? Crocodile shoes with which to pound the pavement?

Actually I prefer hiding behind the scaly veneer of Reptile -(Wo)Man of Mystery. And isn't it more fun speculatiing (like is Tom Cruise gay?)? The truth is almost always a letdown. So once outed, I'd probably quit.

Besides, haven't you considered the possibility that Reptile is the work of more than one person?

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things you've said anymore.

That being said this blog is brillant.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home