Monday, November 28, 2005

There's No Party When Snow Party

I don't like going to business parties but once I'm there, I often find that I have a great time. Meet old friends and shmooze a bit with some media planners. And sometimes they are even good for business. The last one I went to was an awards show and I was given a great lead that turned into a valuable sale. So I optimistically bought a ticket to the 2006 Toronto Ad Club Holiday Party. If nothing else, I thought I'd have something fun to report for the blog. And to be sure that I didn't change my mind at the last minute, I even paid for an extra drink ticket when I booked my spot online. Big mistake tempting Murphy's Law like that. Sure enough, we get a snowstorm in Toronto and I'm uptown and the party is downtown and the roads are really bad. And I chicken out and miss the party. But since most reps are downtown, I suspect they found a way to the bar. So if anybody who was there wants to let me know what happened, post a comment. Then again, this blog has no audience and I wonder to myself -- who is it I'm writing to. And why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home